By Boris Pritsker
The quantity is split into sections on person subject matters comparable to "Medians of a Triangle," and "Area of a Quadrilateral." Chapters generally start with a few attention-grabbing geometrical background, a few appropriate theorems, and a few labored examples of difficulties by way of difficulties for readers to determine for themselves (solutions are supplied on the finish of the book). the result's a many-faceted exploration, similar to a kaleidoscope, targeting the mysteries and the pleasures of geometry.
Read or Download Geometrical Kaleidoscope (Dover Books on Mathematics) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
This Seminar begun in Moscow in November 1943 and has endured with no interruption as much as the current. we're satisfied that with this vol ume, Birkhiiuser has started to submit papers of talks from the Seminar. It was once, regrettably, tricky to prepare their ebook earlier than 1990. because 1990, lots of the talks have taken position at Rutgers college in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Für die Neuauflage dieses Buches, in dem für Mathematik- und Physikstudierende wichtiges geometrisches Verständnis und Wissen vermittelt wird, wurde der textual content behutsam verbessert und aktualisiert.
The focal point of this publication and its geometric notions is on actual vector areas X which are finite or endless internal product areas of arbitrary measurement more than or equivalent to two. It characterizes either euclidean and hyperbolic geometry with admire to ordinary houses of (general) translations and basic distances of X.
Simplex geometry is a subject generalizing geometry of the triangle and tetrahedron. the precise device for its research is matrix thought, yet functions often contain fixing large platforms of linear equations or eigenvalue difficulties, and geometry will help in visualizing the behaviour of the matter.
- Algorithmic Foundation of Multi-Scale Spatial Representation
- Singularities in Geometry, Topology, Foliations and Dynamics: A Celebration of the 60th Birthday of José Seade, Merida, Mexico, December 2014 (Trends in Mathematics)
- Extended Abstracts Spring 2015: Interactions between Representation Theory, Algebraic Topology and Commutative Algebra (Trends in Mathematics)
- Elements of Abstract Harmonic Analysis
- The Theory and Practice of Conformal Geometry (Aurora: Dover Modern Math Originals)
- Lattice Theory: Special Topics and Applications: Volume 2
Additional resources for Geometrical Kaleidoscope (Dover Books on Mathematics)
Geometrical Kaleidoscope (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Boris Pritsker