By Verghese Koithara
Verghese Koithara argues cogently that the most hassle in regards to resolving the clash in Kashmir lies no longer within the stakes concerned, yet within the styles of perspective and behavior that experience constructed through the years. The `structure` of the clash is basically extra in a position to being resolved at the present time than is mostly believed, continues the writer. via an research of the conflicts in Northern eire, Sri Lanka and Palestine, he presents an invaluable point of view on clash dynamics and the way clash solution will be extra realistically sought via a `peace procedure` instead of a `war strategy`. extra in particular, the writer:
- appears to be like on the background and the present context of the India-Pakistan clash via a lens of political realism.
- attracts suitable parallels among the India-Pakistan clash and the conflicts in Northern eire, Sri Lanka and Palestine in regards to either the evolution of the conflicts and peace efforts.
- provides the explanation why a sturdy peace—based at the Line of keep watch over turning into the settled border and the 2 elements of Jammu & Kashmir being given parallel and gigantic autonomy—can be accomplished in today`s conditions.
Read or Download Crafting Peace in Kashmir: Through A Realist Lens PDF
Similar war & peace books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, word: five (CH), Universität Basel (Institut für Soziologie), Veranstaltung: Krieg und Frieden, nine Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Diese Seminararbeit befasst sich mit dem Thema des Bürgerkrieges im Sudan, und wie gewalttätige Konflikte durch die Übernutzung der natürlichen Umwelt entstehen können.
This publication examines the attitudes of political, army and non-state actors in the direction of the assumption of a UN Emergency Peace carrier, and the problems that may impact the institution of this provider in either idea and perform. The United countries Emergency Peace carrier (UNEPS) is a civil society-led proposal to set up an everlasting UN provider to enhance UN peace operations in addition to to operationalise the rising norm of the ‘responsibility to guard’ civilians from atrocity crimes.
By way of interpreting Libya’s defense structure ahead of and after the North Atlantic Treaty association (NATO) intervention in 2011, this e-book goals to reply to 3 questions. First, what have been the safety styles in Libya in the heart East defense complicated ahead of the Arab Spring? moment, to what volume did the Arab Spring and the revolution and intervention techniques in Libya have an effect on this safeguard structure?
Long ago, arbitration, direct bargaining, using intermediaries, and deference to overseas associations have been rather winning instruments for coping with interstate clash. within the face of terrorism, intrastate wars, and the multitude of alternative threats within the post–Cold battle period, notwithstanding, the clash solution instrument equipment needs to comprise preventive international relations, humanitarian intervention, neighborhood task-sharing, and fact commissions.
- Crouching Tiger: What China's Militarism Means for the World
- Funktionsweise organisierter Terrorgruppen: Theoretische Explikation und Illustration am Beispiel Al-Quaidas (German Edition)
- Major Powers and the Quest for Status in International Politics: Global and Regional Perspectives (Evolutionary Processes in World Politics)
- War No More: The Case for Abolition
- West Bank Diary: Middle East Violence as Reported by a Former American Hostage
- Vom schwierigen Umgang mit Massengewalt: Transitional Justice in den gespaltenen Gesellschaften Srebrenicas und Vukovars (German Edition)
Extra resources for Crafting Peace in Kashmir: Through A Realist Lens
Crafting Peace in Kashmir: Through A Realist Lens by Verghese Koithara