By Henry Dunant
Read or Download A Memory of Solferino PDF
Similar war & peace books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2007 im Fachbereich Soziologie - Krieg und Frieden, Militär, be aware: five (CH), Universität Basel (Institut für Soziologie), Veranstaltung: Krieg und Frieden, nine Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Diese Seminararbeit befasst sich mit dem Thema des Bürgerkrieges im Sudan, und wie gewalttätige Konflikte durch die Übernutzung der natürlichen Umwelt entstehen können.
This booklet examines the attitudes of political, army and non-state actors in the direction of the belief of a UN Emergency Peace carrier, and the problems that may have an effect on the institution of this carrier in either concept and perform. The United countries Emergency Peace carrier (UNEPS) is a civil society-led suggestion to set up an everlasting UN provider to enhance UN peace operations in addition to to operationalise the rising norm of the ‘responsibility to guard’ civilians from atrocity crimes.
Via studying Libya’s safety structure earlier than and after the North Atlantic Treaty association (NATO) intervention in 2011, this publication goals to respond to 3 questions. First, what have been the safety styles in Libya in the heart East safeguard complicated earlier than the Arab Spring? moment, to what quantity did the Arab Spring and the revolution and intervention methods in Libya impact this defense structure?
Long ago, arbitration, direct bargaining, using intermediaries, and deference to overseas associations have been quite profitable instruments for dealing with interstate clash. within the face of terrorism, intrastate wars, and the multitude of different threats within the post–Cold warfare period, despite the fact that, the clash solution software equipment needs to comprise preventive international relations, humanitarian intervention, local task-sharing, and fact commissions.
- The European Union as a Diplomatic Actor (The European Union in International Affairs)
- From Conflict Resolution to Reconciliation
- Resolving Structural Conflicts: How Violent Systems Can Be Transformed (Routledge Studies in Peace and Conflict Resolution)
- War in International Society (New International Relations)
- Truth Recovery and Transitional Justice: Deferring human rights issues (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism in Africa: Fighting Insurgency from Al Shabaab, Ansar Dine and Boko Haram (New Security Challenges)
Extra resources for A Memory of Solferino
A Memory of Solferino by Henry Dunant